Subject: Sunday 11th April – Volunteer Day – Addiscombe Railway Park
Date: 6 April 2021 at 12:13:44 BST
We will be meetingn is the park on Sunday 11th April between 2pm and 5pm to undertake
various tasks around the park.
The weather forecast suggests it will be dry but cold.
The Covid rule of 6 people meeting outside still applies until June.
There is a cloice of tasks that include any of the following :
- Wild seed the Garden bed and the filled in School pond / new boggy area (April).
- Finish removing buddleia hanging over the path on phase 1 (near the central oak tree).
- Finish repairing Raised beds.
- Cut grass around the Orchard trees.
- Cut back trees blocking light to the Orchard trees.
- Cut the willow next to the Orchard.
- Vegetable planting in (April).
- Cut down the dead tree at the Train Seat, near Dalmally Passage (taking care to avoid falling branches).
- Move stones from the Garden spoil heap to the Railway sculpture at Dalmally Passage.
- Check on the Frog Spawn and remove any twigs and rubbish from the ponds.
- Move earth from the Garden spoil heap to the School pond to fill it in.
- Cut grass and weed the School Triangle.
- Litter picking, including dumped items by the fences at the tram stop end.
- Move stones from the Garden spoil heap to fill the puddle recesses along the path.
for Friends of Addiscombe Railway Park