Invitation to take part in a University College London research project on Private Landlords who let properties in Croydon.
Like the rest of England, Croydon has seen a significant increase in the size of its private rented sector over the last 20 years. Much of recent academic research has focused on the impact of this growth on tenants, with much less research focused on Private Landlords.
One of the aims of this research is to redress this balance, and this is an invitation to all Private Landlords in Croydon to take part in a postgraduate research project into identifying the factors that influence Landlords in their choice of location of their rental properties. Information collected will be used to inform my postgraduate dissertation as to whether Private Landlord location choices are reshaping neighbourhoods in the borough of Croydon.
There are two ways to take part in this research project:
1) Online Questionaire
2) One-to-one online Interview
1) One to one Online Interview. Please email email@example.com if you are willing to be interviewed online for between 20 to 25 minutes via Zoom in regards to this research project. The main areas covered in during the interview will include:
· how you became a landlord
· why you invested in Croydon in terms of location and type of property
· whether the growth in the private rented sector has been good for Croydon
· and your views on the future of the private housing sector in Croydon in terms of threats and opportunities.
2) Online Questionaire: To take part, click HERE. The survey should take around 10 to 15 minutes to complete. You have until midnight Sunday 14th August 2020 to take part. If you have any further questions, please contact Sean Fitzsimons, firstname.lastname@example.org Many thanks for taking the time to take part.
Privacy Statement: Any responses will be used for analysis for my research project and for my postgraduate (MSc) dissertation and any subsequent publication in an academic journal or other types of publication unless formally agreed. In no case will it be possible to identify you, either from any quotations or any other information provided. Your details or responses will not be passed on to Croydon Council or any other organisation. No other use of your responses will be made without your written permission, and no use will be made of them by anyone but myself.