They will initially accept ONLY
- household waste in black bags
- garden waste
- small electrical goods
- small ‘bulky waste’ items that cannot be put in black bags, including furniture such as chairs and carpets.
- visitors must be able to carry items on their own, as social distancing means staff will not be able to help them.
- visitors will have to keep a two metre distance between themselves and other customers and site staff.
- only cars can use the facilities.
- fewer cars will be allowed in at any one time.
- only one person should exit each vehicle.
- it may be necessary to temporarily close the sites if they become too busy.
- residents’ permits must be displayed and will be checked prior to entry.
- anyone self-isolating due to Covid-19 symptoms or those in the shielded group should not visit.
Opening times and access
- Factory Lane, West Croydon: 7.30am to 4.30pm Monday to Saturday and 8.30am to 4pm on Sundays. Access from the south via Roman Way, A236.
- Purley Oaks, Purley: 8am to 3.30pm Monday to Sunday. Join the queue on Brighton Road, A235, north of the site.
- Fishers Farm, New Addington: 8am to 4pm Monday to Friday, 9am to 2pm on Saturdays, 9am to 1pm on Sundays. Access as usual.
Residents with large, unwanted items are encouraged to use the council’s bulky waste collection service which offers residents two free bulky waste collections and one free large white goods collection a year.