Closing date for comments is Thursday, 25 July. Proposed works to the Grade II listed building include
- change of use from that of a pub to community use (on the ground floor and in the basement), including a public cafe in the former bar space
- demolition of the existing rear hall to provide a new rear extension, with community use on the ground floor and two additional residential units above
- a new build house to the rear of the site
- a small garden space with trees, cycle and bin storage between the two buildings
- “green” roofs on the new buildings
Once you have submitted your comments, you will receive an email including the text of your submission. Your local councillors will be grateful if you could forward this to them at firstname.lastname@example.org. Then they can take account of your views in their official response.
Click here to go to the planning application. It includes 13 documents, one of which goes into detail about which parts of the building are original and which later additions or replacements. Another document includes numerous photographs of the site, including the interiors. The interior of the bar has been allowed to deteriorate since the pub closed in 2003. However, many of the fittings date from the 1970s and are made of plywood! The steel columns are original, but had been boxed in.