In November and December 2018, Network Rail organised a series of events to consult people in Croydon about potential improvements to the Brighton Main Line. These included
- rebuilding East Croydon station with two extra platforms
- remodelling the railway through the Selhurst triangle with new flyovers and diveunders.
- rebuild platforms at Norwood Junction, adding extra track and making the station fully accessible.
Next steps include
- public information sessions this summer regarding the proposed changes at Norwood Junction
- making improvements to the designs in response to feedback from the first consultation, with a a view to formal consultation on the proposals in early 2020.
- making a case for investment in this project, which is as yet unfunded