Croydon Council is now undertaking statutory consultation on whether to make Addiscombe Court Road and Canning Road one-way for southbound traffic only. If this recommendation is implemented, vehicles will not be able to turn north from Addiscombe Road into four adjacent roads (Lebanon, Addiscombe Court, Canning and Clyde).
This consultation closes on 2nd August 2017. If you would like to support or object to the proposal, please send your statement in writing, giving the reasons for your position and quoting the reference PD/CH/B16
- by email to Parking.Design@croydon.gov. uk
- by post to Order Making Section, Parking Design, Croydon Council, 6thFloor, Zone C, Bernard Weatherill House, 8 Mint Walk, Croydon, CR0 1EA.
If you have any questions about the statutory consultation, please call the Council on 020 8726 6000 ext 63823.
The statutory consultation follows on from a report to Croydon Council’s Traffic Management Committee on 5 July 2017. This recommended that the Cabinet Member for Transport and Environment should:
- Consider the responses to the informal consultation from local residents.
- Agree to proceed with the Statutory (formal) Consultation for the introduction of a short section of one way working with pedal cycle bypass in Addiscombe Court Road and Canning Road.
- Report any objections to the statutory consultation to a future meeting of the TMAC for their consideration and decision
The informal consultation had asked residents of the area bounded by Cherry Orchard Rd, Lower Addiscombe Rd, Ashburton Rd and Addiscombe Rd, plus some roads to the south, to answer yes or no to the questions below. 780 out of 4,480 people returned their questionnaires and the results were as follows
- Do you support the Councils plans to introduce no-entry restrictions on Addiscombe Court Road? 41% Yes, 59% No
- Do you support the Councils plans to introduce no-entry restrictions on Canning Road? 31% Yes, 69% No
- Would you support the Councils plans to introduce no-entry restrictions on Addiscombe Court Road if Canning Road was made no-entry? 32% Yes, 68% No
- Would you support the Councils plans to introduce no-entry restrictions on Canning Road if Addiscombe Court Road was made no-entry? 30% Yes, 70% No
In June, after the informal consultation took place, the traffic on some of the roads in the area was monitored. The weekly average number of vehicles on the roads leading north from Addiscombe Road was as follows
|Traffic flow||Weekly average number of vehicles|
|Colson Rd||North & south||8365|
|Blake Rd||South only||3367|
|Brickwood Rd||North only||6132|
|Bisenden Rd||South only||2730|
|Chisholm Rd||North only||1204|
|Lebanon Rd||South only||7406|
|Addiscombe Court Rd||North & south||14371|
|Canning Rd||North & south||13146|
|Clyde Rd||South only||16615|
|Elgin Rd||North & south||16783|
|Havelock Rd||North & south||16338|
|Outram Rd||North & south||14578|
|Ashburton Rd||North only||9072|