Crisis at Christmas and Evolve Housing are seeking 120 local volunteers to help tackle chronic rough sleeping in Croydon by 2020. The project forms part of the European End Street Homelessness Campaign, as recently featured in the Guardian. There are two parts:
- Local volunteers will be supported to go out onto the streets with the aim of getting to know every homeless person by name during a ‘connections week’ starting Tuesday 30 August 2016.
- Then focus on working together to find solutions for each and every person, with the very challenging aim to house homeless people in permanent, safe, appropriate and affordable housing with the support necessary to sustain it.
Volunteers are needed to help with:
- Gathering information on the streets: 5am-9am Tuesday 30 August, Wednesday 31 August, Thursday 1 September 2016
- Data entry: 10am-1pm Tuesday 30 August, Wednesday 31 August, Thursday 1 September 2016
- Running the hub: times as above
- Fundraising/corporate sponsorship
- Helping with the public launch event am Saturday 3 September
- Raising awareness about the campaign
- Being part of a solutions-based group
- Gifts in kind