Subject: Sunday 9th May – Volunteer Day – Addiscombe Railway Park
Date: 2 May 2021 at 10:41:38 BST
We will be meeting in the park on Sunday 9th May between 2pm and 5pm to undertake
various tasks around the park.
The weather forecast suggests it may be wet that weekend.
The Covid rule of 6 people meeting outside still applies until June so we must work independently or in small groups.
Seedlings are starting to appear, so we need to be careful when weeding.
There is a cloice of tasks that include any of the following :
1. Finish removing buddleia hanging over the path on phase 1 (near the central oak tree).
2. Tidying up around the Orchard trees.
3. Cut back trees blocking light to the Orchard trees.
4. Cut the willow next to the Orchard.
5. Cut down the dead tree at the Train Seat, near Dalmally Passage (taking care to avoid falling branches).
6. Move stones from the Garden spoil heap to the Railway sculpture at Dalmally Passage.
7. Check on the Frog Spawn and remove any twigs and rubbish from the ponds.
8. Cut grass and weed the School Triangle.
9. Litter picking, including dumped items by the fences at the tram stop end.
10. Move stones from the Garden spoil heap to fill the puddle recesses along the path.
11. If no rain then watering needed too (Garden, Orchard, Bog area and young trees near bridge.
for Friends of Addiscombe Railway Park
If you do not wish to be kept informed of further developments and events organized by the friends group you can click the link below to be removed from the friends mailing list.