Starting in the early hour this Sunday, we need to carry out essential maintenance work at various points along the tramway on Addiscombe Road, from Chepstow Road to Colson Road in Croydon.
Work will take place at night, over the next three weeks as follows:
- Sunday 22 November, between 00:00 and 05:30am
- Monday 23 November to Saturday 28 November, between 00:00 and 04:30am
- Sunday 29 November, between 00:00 and 05:30am
- Monday 30 November to Saturday 5 December, between 00:00 and 04:30am
- Sunday 6 December, between 00:00 and 05:30am
- Monday 7 to Saturday 12 December, between 00:00 and 04:30am
- Sunday 13 December, between 00:00 and 05:30am
We need to carry out this work while trams are not running. This is why it will take place at night. Please also note some work is weather dependent and may be subject to change at short notice.
We will be repairing and resurfacing parts of the road surface along tram rails that have become worn. To complete this work safely we will need to direct traffic around the work site during the times stated above. A partial lane closure will be managed using temporary traffic lights. A safe walking route will be provided at all times.
Please note this work will generate some noise, due to the use of generators, and power tools to break concrete.
The attached letter is being delivered tomorrow, in and around Addiscombe Road, between its junction with Colson Road and Chepstow Road to let the community know about this work.
Please consider sharing with your own contacts as you find appropriate.
If you have any questions, please let me know.
Engagement officer – south | Local Communities & Partnerships | City Planning
Mobile: 07864 245 586 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Everything you need to know about transport locally
Visit tfl.gov.uk/boroughs-and-communities to find out what is happening in your area