- For help with welfare rights advice, call the council’s free advice line on 0800 731 5920 to speak to an advisor or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Discretionary Housing Payments may be available for a limited time to top up housing-related benefits to cover housing costs such as rent
- You may be able to claim a discretionary reduction in council tax
- Croydon Council runs three food stops with community partners in New Addington, Selsdon and Thornton Heath, where eligible residents can get £20 worth of food and groceries for £3.50 per week. For information email email@example.com
- The Gateway service helps residents avoid homelessness and boost financial independence, with support ranging from one-to-one debt advice and maximising their benefits, to skills training. If you are a resident needing support from Gateway staff, or you are a community organisation wanting to refer a member of the public for help, email firstname.lastname@example.org including a mobile number so an adviser can call you back.
If you live in the ward of Addiscombe West and have a council issue, you can contact your ward councillors. (They have no quick route into health advice and support, however).