The deadline to register to vote for the general election on 12 December 2019 is 23:59hrs on Tuesday 26 November 2019.
You can vote in the election if you are registered to vote and are
- a British or Irish citizen resident at an address in the UK
- a British citizen living abroad who has been registered to vote in the UK in the last 15 years
- a Commonwealth citizen with leave to enter or remain in the UK (or who doesn’t require that leave)
- 18 or over on 12 December 2019
Citizens of other European Union countries (other than the Republic of Ireland, Malta and Cyprus) will not be able to vote in this election.
You can register to vote online at www.gov.uk/register-to-vote. It takes around 5 minutes. You will need
- your National Insurance number (or another suitable form of ID if you don’t have one)
- your passport, if you are a British citizen living abroad
You can also apply for a postal vote or a proxy vote (so that someone can vote on your behalf). Polling stations in the ECCO area are usually at Ark Oval Academy (Cherry Orchard Road) and Christ Church (Lower Addiscombe Road)