The Glamorgan (formerly The Horse and Groom) is probably the oldest building in the ECCO area, dating back to 1835. It closed in November 2016 and has been threatened with demolition.
Steve Thompson reports that “There is little meaningful progress to report as the owners continue to ignore our communications.
Three council officers attended the last meeting to give informal advice, answer questions and make suggestions regarding further tactics, which may prove to be of use in the future.
Again, concerns were raised about the state of the building and possible health and safety risks, e.g. unsafe cellar door and broken windows. Attendees were encouraged to report these issues to Building Control.”