Get free energy advice from qualified energy assessors who can provide independent energy bill and tariff advice.
Find out more about the practical support available to Croydon residents, including free home visits through Croydon Healthy Homes. This includes
- Ensuring all timers and controls are set appropriately for the needs of the household
- Offering advice about Smart Meters
- Offering advice about reducing energy use
- Fitting FREE small energy saving measures and draft proofing. Carbon monoxide detectors and water saving measures can also be fitted.
- Supporting residents apply for grant for larger measures such as energy efficient boilers, heating controls, double glazing and wall/loft insulation. The Mayor of London currently has a scheme offering up to £4k of grant.
- Supporting residents find and switch to the best fuel tariffs for them, and ensure they receive all the benefits/discounts they are entitled to from the energy and water company
- Signposting (and referring) residents to other support available to them, including Council services, such as Gateway, Staying Put, Just Be, Best Start and other organisations in the borough, including the Carers Centre, and Age UK.