“Meet on the corner of Cross Road & Cherry Orchard Road in front of our beloved Asset of Community Value at High Noon.
To demonstrate our continuing determination to save this iconic 1830s public house (Horse & Groom; Grouse & Claret) from a greedy developers’ vandalism & destruction. Dress for photoshoot with banners & a noisy singalong.
Following the protest we propose to adjourn to a sympathetic nearby local hostelry for lunch and bevvies. Be there or be square!
‘Amar! Amar! Give us back our beer bar’
Since establishing the “Save the Glamorgan” campaign group over a year ago, these are just a few of our achievements so far:
- Established a fully documented constitution that defines its aims and management as a campaign group, with regular meetings held to discuss and agree campaign activities
- Obtained over 2000 signatures on a petition to preserve and re-open The Glamorgan as a community pub, and presented that petition to Croydon Council
- Secured Asset of Community Value (ACV) status for The Glamorgan, thereby preventing the demolition of the building
- Created Facebook and Twitter pages, to publicise campaign meetings and events
- Had articles published in Croydon Citizen, South West Londoner, and CAMRA’s London Drinker magazine, documenting the current status of Save the Glamorgan campaign
- Kept a constant dialogue with the current owners, urging them to ensure the building is maintained, and encouraging them to market The Glamorgan at its current valuation as a pub.
- What can you do to help? Follow us on both Facebook and Twitter to show your support, and find out details of upcoming campaign meetings and events.”