Croydon Council’s Suburban Design Guide Supplementary Planning Document is available for comment until Monday 15 October. Click here to read the document and for the dates of other engagement sessions.
This document supports the delivery of around 10,000 new homes featured in the Croydon Local Plan 2018 (of the 32,890 needed by 2036). It will
- provide guidance for suburban residential developments and development in Areas of Focused Intensification
- update to existing guidance on extensions and alterations to homes across the borough
- includes technical design guidance seeking to limit negative impact and frame opportunities where increased densities can enhance and bring benefit to communities.
This document, once adopted, will provide a vision for developers for the future of suburban growth in the borough, and be used by planning case officers in determining small – medium sized applications on windfall sites across the borough.
You can comment on the document by completing a representation form and sending it by
- email to LDF@croydon.gov.uk
- post to Spatial Planning Service, 6th Floor Zone B, Bernard Weatherill House, 8 Mint Walk, Croydon CR0 1EA.