If you would like to find something a new home
- for furniture and electrical goods that can be re-used consider the British Heart Foundation shop in George Street. They will even come and collect from you.
- for smaller items, there are plenty of charity shops, including Croydon Animal Samaritans, 136 Cherry Orchard Road. And last time I looked, there was a collection point for Green World Recycling next to the Glamorgan on Cross Road.
- if you don’t mind waiting for a while, you could even try Croydon Freecycle.
If something is really unusable
- there’s a neighbourhood recycling centre for glass, paper/card, plastic packaging (including bottles), shoes, textiles and cans in the car park of the Co-op, 311 Lower Addiscombe Road
- our nearest large recycling centre is on Factory Lane
- for many large unwanted items, you can book a collection from Croydon Council, just £10 for the up to seven of them.
And the nearest place for recycling your (real) Christmas tree is probably Ashburton Park, but it must be before 13 January.