|Welcome to the Croydon Arts Network November 2014 eNews! This summarises CAN events for you and points out other things of interest in the coming month. Further details of most of these and more can be found at justcroydon.com/events or try the venues’ own websites. To get your events listed as Featured Events in future newsletters register your organisation (however big or small) on justcroydon.com and tick the CAN box.
CAN Meet-Up, 13 Nov
On 13 Nov, from about 7pm, at Matthews Yard, there will be a CAN meet-up, for people involved in music and arts activities to get together and share ideas. It will feature a discussion with John Bownas who has been given a new role at Croydon Council. Hear what he has to say about exciting plans for music and arts and share your ideas.
Featured Events by CAN-affiliates
- Haddo: melodeon, harmonica and viola, The Oval Tavern, 14 Nov 8pm, FREE entry.
- For An Unknown Soldier: A WW1 Commemoration, new music played by Croydon musicians with the London Mozart Players, Fairfield Halls 14 Nov
- Ukulele Jam: all abilities (and none) welcome to strum and sing some tunes, Green Dragon, from 7:30pm, 2 Nov and 16 Nov, FREE entry.www.ukulele.magix.net
- Sine Nomine Choir: “Symbols of Mystery”- centred around Frank Martin’s Mass for Double Choir, St George’s Church, Bickley, 29 Nov.www.sinenominesingers.magix.net
- AfricanHistory+ : films, presentations, and live music at a community event, Matthews Yard, 22 Nov
- Damien Hirst – Iconoclasm, Rise Gallery, 7-9 St.George’s Walk, until 24 Nov
- Two Days One Night (film by Luc and Jean-Pierre Dard), David Lean Cinema, 6 Nov
- Paths of Glory – David Lean screens Kubrick classic to mark Armistice Day, 11 Nov
- Interiors + Kat Flint and the Shipwreckers, Folk and Americana at The Oval Tavern, 6 Nov
- Hatful of Rain – Bluegrass & old time influenced British folk/roots, Ruskin House, 10 Nov
- Christmas Lights Switch-On: with local choirs, bands and dance groups, North End, 13 Nov
- Croydon Bach Choir : Carl Orff’s Carmina Burana, St. John the Evangelist Church, 22 Nov
- Bourbon & Blues : With Giles Hedley & The Aviators, Matthews Yard, 29 Nov
- Albert Einstein: Relativitively Speaking – The funniest-ever explanation of The Theory of Relativity, Spreadeagle, 12-15 Nov
AND DON’T FORGET….
CAN will be building up an online repository of useful information for people wanting to put on events in Croydon. The first couple of guides are already up there. Check out the website: http://croydonartsnetwork.org/resources